Eddie’s wheels carts are the best in the industry, and offer dogs renewed mobility and freedom. Watch Molly, recently voted Ireland’s favorite dog, doing her life in her Eddie’s Wheels cart:
Why buy an Eddie’s Wheels?
- Designed by a mechanical engineer in collaboration with veterinarians, Eddie’s Wheels are accepted as the best engineered and constructed mobility cart on the market.
- Preferred by leading veterinary rehab specialists, such as Integrative Pet Care and Royal Treatment in Chicago, Canine Wellness in Toronto, Amy Kramer (California Animal Rehab), Dr. Jason Berg (Animal Specialty Center), The Animal Medical Center in NYC, and Mass Referral and Specialty Hospital.
- We test our products on animals – including our own disabled dogs. Over the past 20 years, Ed and Leslie Grinnell have been caregivers for seven disabled dogs, including a Doberman with wobblers, a dachshund with IVDD, an abused pit bull, one three-legged cat and two pups born without front legs. We routinely meet, measure, and put dozens of pets in their carts at our facilities every month.
- Only Eddie’s Wheels cart are entirely custom-built to address your pet’s abilities and disabilities – giving your pet the support it needs to rehabilitate and maintain a good quality of life.
- We will design and engineer the balance of the cart to compensate for any issues that might interfere with your pet’s ability to successfully use a mobility cart – such as forelimb weakness, arthritis, congenital malformations etc.
What are the advantages of your padded, welded saddle over the “soft” saddle carts?
- Our padded welded saddle, designed specifically to each pets’ measurements, supports the pet on its pelvic floor, and allows the legs to move freely without chafing and rubbing the soft tissue of the groin. It feels like a bicycle seat, and once adjusted to the correct height, never needs readjustment. Each gender specific saddle is molded with closed cell foam which will not absorb urine or feces, and can be easily cleaned with household spray cleaners.
- Compare our saddle with others:
- Eddie’s Wheels’ welded padded saddle offers comfortable, stable, sanitary support to your disabled pet. No other company can duplicate the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into making our solid support saddle. Pets can use our carts as walkers without fear of creating skin abrasions from rubbing.
- A Used “soft” saddle made of neoprene absorbs urine and traps loose fur. Neoprene is a non-breathable fabric used to make wetsuits – it stretches, making frequent adjustments necessary. Neoprene saddles can also be too tight, constricting the soft tissue, resulting in edema and swelling in the muscle tissue.
- Walkin’ Wheel saddle made of flexible straps covered in foam and joined in the middle by a neoprene pad will stretch, move and chafe the skin as pets move their legs against the straps. The saddle attachment is fixed. This “one size fits all” cart is an assembly kit, has no custom features and is manufactured in China.
- K9 Carts saddle consists of braided metal wire encased in foam and joined in the middle with an electrical tie wrap. They put pressure on the soft tissue of groin and can chafe. The too-steep angle of the rings can chafe the inner thighs.
Other carts take only a few days to be shipped, while an Eddie’s takes two weeks. Why is an Eddie’s worth waiting for?
- Eddie’s Wheels carts are warranteed for the life of your pet – that means that any repairs to the padding, any breakage due to normal wear and tear are covered by warranty. That’s how well made our carts are. In an average year, we make less than a dozen warranty repairs to existing carts. Many of our carts have been in service with no repairs for many years, such as our own dachshund, Daisy, who used her wheelchair for ten years.
- Our standard cart can be upgraded to accommodate a pet’s changing needs. If your pet has degenerative myelopathy that weakens the front legs, a counterbalance upgrade to the cart can give your pet many more months of quality time. Detachable “training wheels” can be added to make any cart a four wheel cart.
- Conversely, if your pet is rehabilitating from an injury, the cart can be used for rehabilitation. Read about our variable axle carts and read Vee, the goat’s story.
- Other carts are shipped as kits – Eddie’s Wheels are shipped fully assembled to your pet’s specifications.
I’m worried about taking accurate measurements. What if I measure badly? Other carts are adjustable and don’t require me to take accurate measurements.
- “One Size fits all” Adjustable carts adjust in pre-determined increments. Our carts are adjustable for height and length to whatever fraction or dimension works best for your dog. Your cart will come with an Allen key to make adjustments – simply loosen a couple of set screws on the blocks and the frame slides to the desired length or height.
- Our experienced sales crew will not accept measurements that are not within the acceptable proportions we expect. We have years of experience in measuring and fitting pets in wheels, and understand the standard proportions common to most animals.
- Digital photos of your pet in a standing position, with a ruler for reference, allow us to double check your pet’s measurements.
Other cart companies offer refunds – yours are not refundable. Why?
- Because Eddie’s Wheels really are custom built to your pet’s body and unique disabilities, we cannot easily recycle returned carts and sell them as new carts. Other companies’ carts are assemblies that can be taken apart and reworked for another order.
- We offer a high degree of customer satisfaction. If your pet is having difficulty using an Eddie’s Wheels cart, there is usually a good reason and we will work with you to make the cart acceptable to your pet.
- Eddie’s Wheels carts are guaranteed for the life of your pet
- If your pet is too old, infirm, painful or lacking in motivation to use wheels, this is something that should be considered before making an order.
- We’ll help you recycle your cart – see our used cart page.
What if I have problems with the cart or my pet?
Contact us by phone 888-211-2700 or by email: email@example.com and we’ll help you problem solve.
If you can send us digital photos or post a short video on www.youtube.com, we can assess how well the cart is fitting and if it’s adjusted properly.
We want the cart to be a success for both you and your dog. We’ve lived with disabled pets in carts for over 20 years, and are happy to be your mentors in working with a disabled pet. Our customer service team answers the phone from 8:30 to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. We’re here to help!