The Gift of Mobility is the Gift of Life
Over the past 20 years, Ed and Leslie Grinnell have been the caregivers of seven disabled dogs, including 3 Dobermans, a dachshund, a pitbull and two chi-weiners born with no front legs. These dogs have been the Research and Development team at Eddie’s Wheels, providing us with hands-on experience in dealing with mobility challenged dogs.
A mechanical engineer by trade, Eddie Grinnell brings a lifetime of experience to his work, incorporating the highest engineering standards with special consideration to each pet’s unique disabilities and anatomy.
- Fabricated out of lightweight solid aluminum rod, with machined fittings and stainless steel hardware, creating the strongest, most stable carts on the market.
- Individually designed and built to your pet’s specific measurements and to address its individual needs. We believe that a good fit and sturdy construction is the reason most pets adapt easily to using our carts.
- Healthy pets can resume a normal activity level on all terrain in our carts.
- Our unique saddle design, welded in the center and padded with cushy closed cell foam, supports your pet on its pelvic floor, eliminating pressure sores, decubital ulcers and urine burn common to other’ saddle designs.
- Gender specific saddles allow pets to urinate and defecate while standing in their wheelchairs.
- All our carts are fully upgradable to meet the needs of progressive disabilities, such as degenerative myelopathy.
- We also manufacture the only two-wheeled mobility cart for animals with front leg disabilities, and the only quad cart that comes equipped with a headrest and tow handle.